How Can I Make My Home Safer?
Homeowners who guard against theft, accidents and other losses can often get lower insurance rates and policy discounts. Here are some things you can do to help qualify for lower premiums:
- Secure your home with dead bolts and window locks.
- Install a security system with an outside signal and connection to local police.
- Install and maintain smoke detectors.
- Install a sprinkler system for fire.
- Install a fire alarm that automatically alerts the local fire department.
- Stop smoking.
- Keep walks and entrance ways clear of snow and ice.
- You may also qualify for discounts on premiums when you buy both homeowners and auto insurance.